Christine Martin, Counsellor and Psychotherapist, St Albans
I am psychotherapist accredited with the UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) and a senior counsellor accredited through the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). Additionally, I am an accredited EMDR practitioner (EMDR Association UK and Ireland, and Europe). I also incorporate Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Lifespan Integration and CRM (Comprehensive Resource Model) into my work. As well as my private practice, I work as a therapist specialising in trauma for the NHS.
In a variety of settings, over recent years I have worked with people:
- struggling to improve relations with their loved one(s)
- trying to cope with the loss of a loved one
- who have low self-esteem
- who face the daily interaction with alcohol, drugs or unwanted compulsive behaviours
- who feel depressed, alone or isolated,
- who are too frequently anxious or panicky,
- suffering from abusive relationships whether current or in the past
- seeking to put a traumatic experience behind them and get on with their lives
- feeling somehow disconnected from the world around them or different from the self they usually feel like
- trying to make a life in a new country
- and with many more challenges.
I adhere to the BACP’s Ethical Framework and the practice guidelines of all the professional organisations of which I am a member. This includes having regular supervision with other experienced professional psychotherapists, and engaging in regular training and other professional development activities.